Errors related to steam_api.dll can occur for a variety of reasons. For example, the faulty steam_api.dll application has been removed or is lost and corrupted by malware on your computer or a corrupted Windows registry.
Most common error messages:
- The program will not start because steam_api.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
- Problem starting steam_api.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- Error loading steam_api.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- Code execution could not continue because steam_api.dll could not be found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
- steam_api.dll is not designed to run on Windows or contains an error. Try installing the software again from the original installation media, or contact your system administrator or software manufacturer for assistance.about providing.
In most cases, the solution is to correctly reinstall the steam_api.dll file on your computer in the Windows system folder. Also, some programs, especially PC games, require the DLL file to be placed in the games / applications installation folder.
You can find detailed installation instructions in our FAQ.
More information about steam_api.dll
steam_api.dll is used by games to access certain Steamworks features and solutions, such as B. Statistics and Achievements, User Authentication, Finding Game Servers, and connecting to other Steam users.
The Steamworks API also offers Valve Anti-Cheat functionality and DRM protection.
steam_api.dll is usually found in the installation folder of the game in which it is used.
Example: \ Steam \ Steamapps \ Common \ "Game Name" \ Steam_api.dll or C: \ Program Files (x86) \ "Game Name" \ Steam_api.dll
Some games with this file:
- Call of Duty Black Ops II
- APB rebooted
- Unreal Tournament 3
- Pro Evolution Soccer (PES) 2015
- Euro Truck Simulator