There was a problem setting up contact groups in Windows Live Mail.June 23, 2020 by Logan Robertson
In the past few weeks, some of our readers have come across a known bug when setting up contact groups in Windows Live Mail. This problem can occur due to a number of factors. Now let's look at some of them.
- Open Windows Live Mail and select “Contacts” to open the “Contacts” window.
- In the New group, select the Category option to open the Create New Category window.
- Enter a name for the mailing list in the "Enter a category name" box.
How do you create a distribution list in Mail?
- In the Contacts application on your Mac, click the Add button at the bottom of the window, select New Group, and enter a name for the group.
- In the sidebar, select All contacts, then select the contacts you want to add to the group.
- Drag contacts to a new group in the sidebar.
Using Windows Live Mail, you can create contact categories to organize your address book into groups of related people: this function is usually called a “contact group,” “contact list,” or “distribution list.” and makes it easy to send bulk emails simply by entering the group name as the recipient (for example, "
sales team "). This guide explains how to create a new list, add / remove contacts and send them by email. Another section explains how to rename, delete, or add a new category of contacts.
Add Your Contact List To Your Address Book
Click the Category button on the ribbon.
When Windows Live Mail opens the "
Create New Category " dialog box, enter a meaningful list name in the first text box: something that will let you guess which one in a few months contacts in touch!
In the central part of this window an alphabetical list of all your contacts is displayed: click on one of them to add them to the group. Click on the selected item again to delete it. ComplianceYour email addresses will be added to the text box below when filling out the list. Please note that you can resize the address field:
Send Bulk Email To Your Contact List
Now check your category by sending a group message. The name behaves the same as the name of your contacts: if you enter one of the recipient fields in the message box, Windows Live Mail will automatically execute the offers. Enter the name of the distributor as the recipient, and all members of this group will receive this letter!
To remove category members from the mailing list, simply delete their names in the To / Cc / Bcc field, as if you were using standard email addresses. You can distinguish regular contact mailing lists by the blue plus sign “+” in front of their name.
How do I send an email to all my contacts in Windows Live Mail?Log in to Windows Live Mail. Click the Email Message button in the upper left corner of the window. Press the To button: While holding the CTRL key on your keyboard, select the contacts to whom you want to send a message.
- microsoft outlook
- office 365
- distribution list
- outlook express
- mailing list
- address book
- Outlook Bestanden Importeren In Windows Live Mail
- Where Are Email Attachments Stored In Windows Live Mail
- Types Of Groups In Windows 2000
- Setting Environment Variables In Windows Server 2008
- The Security Certificate On The Server Is Invalid Contact
- 0x800ccc18 Windows Mail
- Windows Mail Vista Error
- 0x800ccc0e Error Windows Mail
- Disable Ads In Windows Live Messenger
- How To Remove And Reinstall Windows Live Services