Best Way to Solve Uninstall System Repair Easy Method in Windows XPAugust 12, 2020 by Christian Longman
An error message may appear stating that Windows XP must be removed for a system restore. There are several ways to fix this problem now, and we'll explain that in a minute.
- Right-click the My Computer icon on your desktop and select Properties.
- Click on the System Restore tab.
- Select the Disable System Restore on all drives check box.
- Click on OK.
- Click Yes when prompted to restart.
Lee asks how to clean up old system restore points
Thanks again for your help over the years, you are awesome! Please tell me how to clear the recovery system to save space on your hard drive. Thanks Lee
Hi Lee. We found that you are using Windows XP. How to clean up all old restore points in XP. Vista and Windows 7 users stay tuned, we'll get back to you after we help Lee.
Disk Cleanup can delete everything except the last restore point. Only do this when your computer is working fine and you have no problem. If you have any problems, you should not delete the old restore points, as you may need to revert to an earlier restore point.
- Click Start, then Run, type cleanmgr and press Enter.
- Select the drive where Windows is installed (usually C: \) and click OK.
- Click the Advanced Settings tab (see illustration in Vista Instructions (below). Windows XP dialog box is very similar.
- In the section "System recoveryem "
- Click Start
- Enter clean in the Start Search field.
- Click Disk Cleanup in the list of search results.
- Select files for all users on this computer.
- In the Windows User Access Control Authorization Request dialog box, click OK. - Select a drive letter from the dropdown list and click OK.
- Disk Cleanup performs a calculation to determine how much space can be freed. Then click on the Advanced Options tab.
- In the "System Restore and Shadow Copies" section, click the "Clean Up ...
- Click the "Delete" button when Windows asks if you really want to delete all restore points except the last one.
- Disk Cleanup removes all old restore points or files except the last restore point.
- disk cleanup
- recovery console
- safe mode
- command prompt
- disk space
- anti virus
- xp professional
- xp pro
- easy recovery
- restore points
- System Restore Checkpoint Windows Xp
- Disable System Restore Windows Xp Pro
- Enable System Restore Windows Xp Home
- Windows Xp System Restore Screen Is Blank
- Windows Vista Command Prompt System Restore
- How To Create A Permanent System Restore Point Windows 7
- Windows Server 2003 System Restore From Recovery Console
- System Restore Cannot Restore Date
- Xp Remove Programs System Tray
- Ubcd System Restore