The easiest way to fix cyclic redundancy check for MS Outlook data errorsJune 24, 2020 by Henry Alderson
You should read these troubleshooting tips if you see a cyclic redundancy check error message for MS Outlook data errors on your computer. Cyclic redundancy check is a data error that occurs when a problem occurs with Outlook when downloading new e-mail messages to the local computer. Outlook will throw a CRC error if the .pst file is damaged or the location on the hard drive is changed.
What causes data error cyclic redundancy check?Cyclic redundancy check is an error detection code used to validate data. If you get this error message, it means that something is wrong with the files or hard drive. The error may be caused by the file itself or the hard drive. First copy the file to another drive to determine the cause.
You will receive an error if the Outlook data file or the PST file is damaged. A damaged PST file means that the valuable Outlook data stored there is no longer available. Therefore, no one wants to face such problematic situations. Scenarios such as a large PST, a failed hard drive, an incorrect system shutdown, or a sudden Outlook shutdown corrupted the Outlook PST file and made your data inaccessible.
To fix damage to Outlook data files and such data loss situations, Outlook offers a built-in utility called Inbox Repair Tool. However, if the damage to your PST file is serious, this tool will also be completely ineffective in taking the necessary actions. In such cases, using effective PST repair software can do the trick. Let's create this situation using a practical example:
This error message is only displayed if the PST or Outlook data file is corrupted. However, the most common cause of PST damage in this case is non-compliance andwhether there are errors on your system’s hard drive that are responsible for the damage to MS Outlook. Therefore, it is recommended that you check your hard drive for errors. Follow these steps to check for hard drive errors:
• At the command prompt, type chkdsk / f and press Enter.
• Close the command line after checking for errors or the chkdsk procedure.
• Restart Outlook. However, if you are still experiencing the same problem, you can follow the steps in the solution below.
If troubleshooting the drive does not solve your problem, you can use the built-in Outlook utility to recover the .pst file. H. Inbox recovery tool or Scanpst.exe. This utility looks for errors in the Outlook PST file, describes problems with your damaged PST file, repairs the damaged PST file, and thereby restores your valuable data.
However, if this utility does not perform any task that you need, it is recommended that you use effective Outlook PST recovery software. Stellar Repair for Outlook for It also recovers badly damaged or damaged PST files and restores all your Outlook data.
Can cyclic redundancy check errors be fixed?
How do I fix Outlook data file error?
- Use the Windows key + R to open the Run command.
- Enter the following path and click OK:
- Double-click the SCANPST.EXE file to open Microsoft Outlook inbox recovery.
- Click the Browse button.
- Locate the PST file you want to restore.
- Click the Open button.
- pst file
- crc error message
- command prompt
- external hard drive
- hard disk
- scanpst exe
- outlook pst
- sfc scan
- Data Error Cyclic Redundancy Check Data Recovery
- Data Error Cyclic Redundancy Check Fix Windows 7
- Cannot Copy File Data Error Cyclic Redundancy Check
- External Hard Drive Data Error Cyclic Redundancy Check
- Cyclic Redundancy Check Error When Installing Xp
- Data Error Cyclic Redundacy Check
- Cyclic Redundancy Error Xp
- Cyclic Redundancy Error Vista
- Disk Cyclic Redundancy Error
- Why Is My Spell Check Not Working In Outlook Express