Solved: Suggestions to Fix AVI File Playback in Windows Media PlayerNovember 15, 2020 by Logan Oppen
If you are new to playing AVI files in Windows Media Player, the following user guide will help you.
On the File menu, click Open and locate the file. AVI file you want to play, then drag and drop it to Windows Media Player.
Are you trying to play an AVI file using Windows Media Player, but the video won't play? Can you see the first frame of the video and everything else will be blank? Or are you getting an error that the video format is not supported?
Although Windows Media Player has built-in support for playing AVI files, problems may occur. In this article, I will explain the reasons why AVI videos may not play and how to fix it.
What If Windows 10 Won't Play AVI Files?
- Use Adobe Premiere Pro
- Install the K-Lite Codec Pack.
- Fixing AVI files with DivFix ++
- Convert AVI file to other multimedia format
- Open AVI with VLC
- Restore Windows to a restore point
How To Fix An Unreadable AVI File?
To repair unreadable AVI files, follow these steps:
- Window repair. Unable to play AVI files when updating Windows Media Player
- Installation necessary codecs
- Open the AVI file in another universal media player.
- Update your Windows driver
The error occurs when the AVI is no longer associated with Windows Media Player.
To solve this problem,
- Open WMP.
Another option is to update WMP to the latest version. On your WMP, press Alt to open the menu if you don't see it and choose Help. Check for updates and follow the instructions on the screen.
K-Lite includes most of the codecs you need to watch your video. To add K-Lite to Windows, follow these steps:
- Download the latest K-Lite Codec Pack nbut your hard drive.
- Now open the K-Lite installer and click Next.
- Select normal mode and click Next.
VLC player can play most video formats. You can repair corrupted AVI files with VLC player. Please note that this is only a temporary solution and you may still have problems when trying to play an AVI file on WMP.
- Download and install the latest VLC Media Player.
- Now drag the AVI file onto the Player VLC.
- If the index is corrupted, an error or missing AVI dialog will appear.
- Now select "Create Index", then start playback.
- Select the Input / Codecs tab and go to the Files section.
- Press Windows + R to access the Run option.
- Enter devmgmt.msc in the search box below and click OK.
- On the Device Manager page, click Graphics Cards and select a graphics card from your PC.
- Right-click the Update Driver option.
In most cases, Windows can be repaired - the AVI file will not play. If you still see an unreadable AVI file in your windows after following the above methods, it may be due to video file corruption. To fix this problem, you need a reliable AVI repair tool to help you fix corrupted or damaged video files easily.
If your Windows Media Player still reports unreadable AVI file after following the above methods, you will need a reliable AVI repair tool to fix the issue.
Remo Repair AVI uses a read-only mechanism that will repair your damaged or damaged AVI video file without changing the original video. It offers an easy solution to recover AVI files that cannot be played.
Remo Repair AVI fixes corrupted, corrupted and truncated files with header corruption, as well as AVI files that only play with audio or video.
How To Fix An Unreadable AVI File?
Follow the steps in the next section to repair an unreadable AVI file on Windows with Remo Repair AVI
- Select the AVI video file that will not play and click "Restore". Select the unreadable AVI video you need to fix.
The above article describes a Windows error - AVI file does not play, as well as appropriate approaches to fix the error. We always recommend downloading or transferring AVI files from trusted sources and keeping your codec and drivers up to date. As these solutions support not only AVI files but other video file formats as well
Editor-in-chief, content analyst and committed to exceptional customer service. John develops and publishes educational and informational materials on partition management, Windows patching, data management, and computer troubleshooting.
As a longtime data recovery expert, John shares important information and blog posts about data loss and data recovery on any storage device. With over 8 years of experience writing data recovery data forMac OS and Windows OS computers, he is a passionate student who always strives to improve and simplify the data recovery process. In his spare time, John plays chess and reads science fiction novels.
- bigasoft total
- convert avi
- player encountered
- file types
- video converter
- types supported
- wav file
- How Do I Play .mov Files In Windows Media Player
- How To Play Mp4 Video Files In Windows Media Player
- How To Play Vob In Windows Media Player
- Play Rm Files In Windows Media
- Where Is The Media Sharing In Windows Media Player 12
- Play Divx In Windows Media
- Download Codec To Play Avi Files On Windows Movie Maker
- Mov Codec For Windows Media Player 9
- Fix Codec Errors Windows Media Player
- 3g2 File Codec For Windows Media Player