Steps to remove error number 424 in QTP releaseNovember 24, 2020 by Owen Faunce
If you have qtp error number 424 on your system, hopefully this blog post will help you. The name of the object used in the script does not match the name of the object in the image. Rename the object in the picture to match the object name in the VBA script. An object name mismatch between the image and its script is the cause of the '424' run-time error.
The first line of code,
Option Explicit means (in simple terms) that all your variables must be explicitly declared with
Dim statements. They can be of any type, including an object, an integer, a string, or even a variant.
Dim envFrmwrkPath As Range declares a variable
envFrmwrkPath of type
Range . This means that you can only specify one zone.
Set envFrmwrkPath = ActiveSheet.Range ("D6"). Value tries to set a variable of type
Range to a specific value in cell
D6 . For example, it can be an integer or a string (depending on what you have in that cell), but it is not a range.
I am assuming you want to store the value in a variable. Try this:
Dim MyVariableName As Integer MyVariableName = ActiveSheet.Range ("D6"). value
This assumes you have a number (for example, 5) in cell D6. Now your variable has a value.
For simplicity, you can remove or comment out the
Option Explicit line and VBA will try to determine the type of the variable at runtime.
Try to get through this part th code
Dim envFrmwrkPath As String Reduce the size of the app name as a string Dim TestIterationName As String
The Error Is Caused By Excel Not Having Access To The Data Code Specified In The Code. It Can Be A Reference To A Variable, Class, Or Library.
The "Runtime Error 424 (Object Required)" error is caused by Excel not being able to access the "object" specified in your VBA code. :
"Objects" are objects of a variable, file, spreadsheet, class, or module.
The error was caused by a function call on a link that you misspelled or did not declare.
The solution is to make sure all the correct links are declared in your code. The easiest way to solve the problem:
- Find the wrong line of code (if unchecked, use debug mode)
- Determine if you have referenced anyabout objects that are not declared.
- Check the functions that might be causing the error and make sure they are being called correctly (using the correct syntax).
- Remove as much code as possible to get the application running again, then add the lines one by one (this will isolate the error and allow for troubleshooting).
Add Your Solution Here
- 424 object required
- hp alm
- vb script
- visual basic
- runtime error
- error handling
- syntax error
- quality center
- test lab
- Error Number 6 Description Overflow
- Microsoft_sql_server Error Number 8115
- Socket Error 10060 Error Number
- Malwarebytes Serial Number
- Number One Antivirus In India
- Checksum Isbn Number
- How To Check Motherboard Serial Number In Windows 7
- Absolute Error Relative Error And Percent Error
- Wordpress Parse Error Syntax Error Unexpected T_constant_encapsed_string
- Error 1316 A Network Error Occurred Ask Toolbar