Why am I getting the name of the error catalog on the CD?June 23, 2020 by Owen Faunce
Here are some simple steps you can take to solve the problem that the name of the error directory on the CD is ivaid. If the "Directory Name Invalid" error still occurs, the SATA port may be defective or damaged. In any case, changing the SATA port to which the CD / DVD drive is connected in many cases resolves this error.
What does it mean when it says directory name is invalid?Sometimes an error message appears The directory name is invalid because you connected external devices to a non-working USB port. You can plug it in and insert it into another port to see if the "Invalid directory name" problem has been resolved.
Correcting the directory name is an unacceptable error: users report that after reinstalling Windows 10 or upgrading to Windows 10, the strange error message "The directory name is invalid" occurs when you insert the CD into the CD / DVD drive. The CD / DVD drive is now not working properly. However, if you access the device manager, you will find that your MATSHITA DVD + -RW UJ8D1 device is installed, and the device manager will report that the device is working correctly. Even the automatic installation of the latest drivers for your device does not help much, since the device driver is already installed.
To fix this error, remove the disc from the CD / DVD-ROM, then try pressing the drive. The message “Please insert a disk into drive F” appears. Now, if you write files to a new disk and then try to use them, Windows will immediately recognize your disk. However, the message "Invalid directory name" is displayed on any other drive.
The main cause of this error is corrupted, outdated, or incompatibleDevice drivers, but it can also be caused by a damaged or faulty SATA port. So, without wasting time, let's see how to fix the directory name in the troubleshooting guide below.
Directory Name Is An Invalid Error [SOLVED]
Updating the BIOS is an important task. If an error occurs, it can seriously damage your system. Therefore, expert monitoring is recommended.
1. The first step is to determine the version of your BIOS. To do this, press the Windows key + R, type "msinfo32" (without quotation marks) and press Enter to open system information.
3. Then go to your manufacturer’s website, for example. B. in my case with Dell. I go to the Dell website and type in the serial number of my computer or click on the auto detect option.
Note: Do not turn off or unplug the computer from the power source during the BIOS update. It may damage your computer. During the update, your computer will reboot and you will briefly see a black screen.
If the error "Invalid directory name" is saved, perhapsThis SATA is defective or damaged. In any case, changing the SATA port to which the CD / DVD drive is connected in many cases resolves this error. To do this, you need to open the case for your PC / laptop. This can be very dangerous if you do not know what you are doing. Then you can ruin your system. Therefore, professional monitoring is recommended.
This is what you have successfully fixed. Directory name is an invalid error [SOLVED]. However, if you have any questions about this article, please ask them in the comments section.
How do I fix an invalid drive?
- Choose start.
- Select “Settings” (skip this step if you are using Windows XP).
- Click on the control panel.
- Double-click Administration.
- Double-click Computer Management.
- Select Disk Management.
- Right-click on the operating system, DVD or CD-ROM.
- Select Change drive letter and path.
How do you fix the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable?
- Launch CMD on your Windows PC through the Start menu. Run it as an administrator.
- Type chkdsk / f x: in the command window and press Enter to execute the command. X Here is the drive letter of the damaged partition that you want to check.
- command prompt
- device manager
- universal serial
- serial bus
- hard drive
- usb flash
- sd card
- disk management
- hard disk
- windows 10
- flash drive
- Cd Rom Directory Error
- Error Frs Not In Any Directory
- Apache Error Log Per Directory
- Core Ftp Le Error Loading Directory
- How To Set Directory Permissions In Windows Xp
- Windows System Directory C#
- Delete Corrupt Directory In Windows
- Troubleshooting In Active Directory 2008
- Windows Update Cache Directory
- How To Install Ctl3d32 Dll In The Windows System Directory