Windows Vista pfn_list_corrupt blue screen fix tipsNovember 14, 2020 by Logan Oppen
You may encounter the error when viewing the Windows Vista blue screen pfn_list_corrupt. There are several steps you can take to fix this problem. We will deal with this now.
Error Checking 0x4E: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT This indicates that the list of page frame numbers (PFN) is corrupted. If you receive a blue screen error or shutdown code, your computer will suddenly shut down to prevent data loss. This error could have been caused by a hardware device, its driver, or related software.
The PFN_List_Corrupt error usually occurs when the page frame number list file is corrupted. This list contains the physical location of the files on the hard drive. This blue screen error means that Windows detected a problem with the PFN list and restarted the computer to prevent damage.
3 Useful Methods For PFN_LIST_CORRUPT:
- Update all available drivers.
- Check the teachers' RAM.
- Check if the hard drive is damaged
The PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error can probably be caused by the corresponding software driver. Chances are, you can successfully fix this problem by updating your device drivers.
There are two ways to update device drivers: manually or automatically.Manual Driver Update - You can update your drivers manually by searching for devices on the manufacturer's website and finding the latest version of the correct driver. Make sure you only select drivers that are compatible with your version of Windows. So you will comeCheck for updates on your devices one by one.
Automatic driver update. If you don't have the time, patience, or computer skills to manually update your drivers, you can use Driver Easy to do it automatically. Driver Easy will detect your system and automatically find all the necessary drivers to be loaded and installed correctly:
1) Download and install Driver Easy.
2) Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will scan your computer and find problematic drivers.
3) Click the Update button next to the checked driver to automatically download and install the correct version of that driver (you can do this with the FREE version).
Or click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of missing or outdated drivers On your system. (This requires the Pro version, which offers full support and a 30-day money-back guarantee. You will be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All.)
4) Restart Windows and see if the blue screen is gone.
NOTE. RAM (Random Access Memory) is a form of storing computer data.
We can use the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool to check the RAM of teachers.
1) Press the Windows logo key on your keyboard Â and R (at the same time) to open the Run window.
2) Type mdsched.exe and click OK.
3) Click "Restart Now" and check for problems.
4) The Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool screen will open. You can leave it alone and return in a few minutes to see the results.
5) Restart Windows and see if the blue screen is gone.
1) Find Command Prompt in the Start Menu and right-click it. Then select Run as administrator.
Click YES when prompted by User Account Control.
2 ) Type chkdsk / f and press Enter on your keyboard.
3) All in Run a scan of the hard drive for damage and automatically fix the error.
43 people found this helpful.
Hello! I am a technical writer for Driver Easy. I write articles on various technical issues including Windows computer problems and gameplay bugs. I'm never happyMore than when my articles help people solve problems - Windows blue screen problems, network errors, hardware failures, etc. As a Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), I focus not only on Windows system problems, but also on daily tips and receptions. When I am not writing, I enjoy reading novels and poetry, which helps me improve my writing skills.
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- wdf01000 sys
- bsod error
- safe mode
- pfn list corrupt error
- error codes
- Windows Vista Blue Screen Loop
- Blue Screen On Vista Shutdown
- Kernel_data_inpage_error Vista Blue Screen
- Vista Premium Blue Screen
- Blue Screen Death Virus Vista
- Check Blue Screen Errors Vista
- Getting Blue Screen On Windows 7
- Scsiport Sys Blue Screen Windows Xp Sp3
- How To Fix Blue Screen Error Windows 7
- Windows Blue Screen Unbootable